Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Refugee Camp

We traveled to Lome, Togo. An expected 3 hour trip turned into a 4 hour trip there and back. A delegation of 13 of us went. The temperature is in the 90's. It is very hot, but I'm drinking lots of water. It was worth the drive. I learned so much from this experience. Once back in Ghana, the next day we went to a Liberian refugee camp about 1.5 hours away. It was tough there. The people there are living in poverty because they are not allowed to work. The officials won't allow refugees to get jobs because it would take jobs away from the local Ghanians. Needless to say there is a shortage of jobs. But the refugee camp had the nicest church I have seen since I've been here. We had a great service with them. Later on the same day we had one of our final services together. The service started about 3pm even though many of us had been there since 2pm. I told them I believe in starting things on time. Yes, I am sharing the message of Excellence even in Africa. This meeting was very successful. I will share the details in a future post. Just some funny things: I have had to throw away 2 toothbrushes because I keep running them under the running water (in Africa, we have to use bottled water to stay healthy). God Bless, Pastor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud to have a pastor like you. You do so much for so many and it is a blessing. GOD is using you in so many ways and it is so amazing. I will continue to pray that GOD will bring you back home safely. TC